[cisco-voip] UCON 8.x on VM Workstation 6

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu Oct 21 19:04:19 EDT 2010

You need to match the virtual hardware specs exactly, see the
installation guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/installation/guide/8xcucig010.html

"3.	If you are installing Connection on a virtual machine (Connection
8.0(2) and later only): In the Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Supported
Platforms List, in the table of virtualization specifications,
determine which VMware configuration you want to deploy on the
Connection server, based on the maximum number of ports and the
maximum number of users. Then make note of the VMware OVA template
that corresponds with that configuration. The document is available at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html.

4.	If you are installing Connection on a virtual machine (Connection
8.0(2) and later only)—optional: Download the VMware OVA template that
you identified in Task 3. See the "Installing Cisco Unity Connection
for the First Time on a Virtual Machine" section in the applicable
Release Notes for Cisco Unity Connection at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_release_notes_list.html.

You can also manually configure virtualization; if you prefer that
option, you do not need the OVA template.
Note	Information on downloading a VMware OVA template appears in the
Release Notes for Cisco Unity Connection for versions 8.0(2) and
later."