[cisco-voip] reset rintgone/contrast/background after upgrade

stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Mon Oct 25 10:10:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm afraid all of these settings reside on the phone, you typically find
80% of the phone config comes from UCM, the other 20% in the phone itself.
The phone only settings are typical personal settings (i.e.
background/ringtone) hence the expectation the user will re-configure
their preferences.

If you do need to bulk update phone specific settings (i.e. background,
volume, contrast etc.), you can use an endpoint management application
from UnifiedFX (http://www.unifiedfx.com) called PhoneView.

There are some Videos you can watch here: http://www.unifiedfx.com/Videos

Also,
PhoneView is free to use for the first 50 phones, so it's perfect for
lab/testing too.

Note: You can also bulk login users with PhoneView, so if you want to have
a seamless migration, with all phone settings the same/similar and users
logged in as before (or migrated from a static Phone Extension to Device
Profiles)

Thanks

Stephen Welsh