[cisco-voip] Video enabled handsets

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Wed Oct 27 13:43:36 EDT 2010

I'd love to have access to that tool.

-Nate

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:26 AM
To: <James.Brown at barclayswealth.com>
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Video enabled handsets

Hi James & group,

I created a windows command line utility I called RUNSQL.EXE ages ago, it basically communicates to UCM remotely and executes SQL statements on the UCM database (like the one from James and other similar threads before this one).

The primary advantage of having this facility as a command line utility, was the ability to save the results to a local CSV file etc. instead of trying to examine a SSH Log file.

So for John's problem of reporting on video enabled devices it would save the results to a CSV file for further analysis in Excel etc.

I guess two questions:

1) Has anyone seen a tool like that before?
2) Would anyone other than me find it useful?

Also,
One feature I used if for was SQL Updates, for example I was able to bulk configure items that either BAT didn't cover, or was just too painful to do in certain versions of UCM, for example Bulk Presence Licensing. Do many people like me perform SQL Updates at points?

Thanks

Stephen