[cisco-voip] Transformation calling and called Group Question

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 28 16:45:22 EDT 2010

Sometimes a non-routable pattern is the only way to prevent a number from being dialed because it's easier to allow a broad range and deny a small range.

For example, you allow access to the whole 416 area code except a certain number that rings the competition or something like that.

Also, when you're using the device/line approach, this becomes key to your dial plan.

One hint that I got from an old PBX guy - when doing "blocking" routing patterns, be sure to use a null route group. That way, if for whatever reason that little tick box becomes unchecked or if a bug hits that ignores the do not route settings it will still fail.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)