[cisco-voip] Wireless Coverage problem

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Wed Sep 1 18:46:39 EDT 2010

It seems to me pretty likely that if you're using 2.4 GHz, then with 10 APs in warehouse you are going to suffer from a lot of co-channel interference. In which case, yes the controller would normally back down the power levels in order to try and avoid it. You could manually override the power levels, but then you'd be back at co-channel interference. The ideal solution would be to use fewer APs if you don't need the density, or switch to 5 GHz if you do need the density.

You could test if this is what's at play but shutting off all the APs, then turning on just one of them. Or you could look in the logs. ;-)

--
Mike Norton
I.T. Support