[cisco-voip] Avoiding bounces with overlapping ranges

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Thu Sep 2 14:12:07 EDT 2010

So as we're migrating off of our antique PBX we have a problem with
bouncing calls.

PSTN -> CUCM -> Gateway(MGCP/QSIG) -> PBX

Call comes in for extension 8011, its not on the CUCM, there's a rule
for unknown extensions in the 80xx range to go to the PBX.  The PBX gets
the call, doesn't show it on it's list of ports, then sends it up the
chain (back to the CUCM)...then the cycle begins.  It eventually fills
up the ports on our Gateway and they finally get a busy signal (3-10 sec
later) and the ports clear again.

I'm not about to mess with PBX any more than I have to, so without
"fixing" the PBX, how can I adapt the CUCM to be smarter with specific
number overlaps?