[cisco-voip] MOH Question

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Sep 7 11:59:16 EDT 2010

To turn off the MOH services you can change the runflag service parameter for IP Voice Media Streaming App (on all nodes) to false for MOH.  This will stop the MOH server but leave other software media resources active.

Once you do that no MOH servers will be registered so it really doesn't matter what your MRGs look like.

If you want to make sure MOH doesn't get used by accident (new subscriber or deactivation/reactivation of IPVMS) then put all of the MOH servers into an MRG and don't assign that MRG to any MRGLs.   Just like with partitions there is a "none" MRG that all devices can access. If a device is not in any MRG it is a member of the "none" MRG.

-Ryan