[cisco-voip] Changing Codec from G711 to G729

Saboor Khan saboor.khan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:02:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

Can any one experience of changing Codec in big network environment, we have
around 150 branches with Mix PRI and FXO based Gateways, we have UCC running
for 5 Branches and running G711 Codec, our Voicemail Unity 4 is running on
G711, here is the million dollar question, can any one have some startup
documentation where i can start this and follow Cisco standards, which
includes hardware resources where we cannot change codec to do Conference
call as it is pretty common in our company, but we see that our conference
calls fails due to mismatch of codecs.

Regards,

Saboor