[cisco-voip] Quick Meeting Place Express 2.1.1.2 question

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Sep 15 09:13:28 EDT 2010

MeetingPlace Express 2.0 is EoS, customers are encouraged to migrate to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace version 8.0 or later.

MPE2.0  did seem to have too-short of a lifecycle, Cisco should have planned drivers for 64-bit.  Seems short sited to have not planned for 64-bit.  Not having 64-bit support is something I would expect from a $99 dollar Epson printer.

I will say the same about IPV6; just like in 1996 Sprint had to deploy BGP for our Internet backbone and it was a big deal then, we will have to eventually have to dual stack/move to IPV6, your products better start planning support for it rather than be tossed away.