[cisco-voip] Photo from LDAP in CUPC8

Maciej Karpinski maciej.karpinski at consign.se
Thu Sep 16 05:25:40 EDT 2010

Would need some help how to setup CUPS8 so we can have user pictures in
CUPC8

One way described in the deployment guide is to retrieve the pictures from
a web server but there is also a section describing how to get the
pictures from LDAP directly ( we use AD )

"Configuring the LDAP Attribute Map for Cisco Unified Personal
Communicator" Section in the Deployment guide describes how to show
pictures that are present in the AD but in "Release Notes for Cisco
Unified Presence Release 8.0" there is a note about Documentation errors
and it says "The information about fetching a photo from Active Directory
in this topic relates only to Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Release
7.1."

So does anyone here know if it is possible to show pictures stored in AD
in CUPC8 or does this version only support pictures from web server?

/M