[cisco-voip] Why CAD update?

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Fri Sep 17 13:59:11 EDT 2010

I think it is a you changed a service executable or a program that has DLL's running in Memory and to make the dll changes to the dll's running in memory that you have to reboot to clear them from memory to reload them... And when a DLL is shared between some apps, or other processes go figure...

On Exchange all those executables are new services that don't have to be part of a reboot for effectiveness.. of course a patch requires a service restart.
Client side applications are typically like this, server based apps are typically not...

Jim