[cisco-voip] CUEAC and 9900 series phones

Charles Goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Wed Sep 22 13:50:05 EDT 2010

We just purchased the CUEAC software last week, and I've installed the eval
and have it up and running.  Unfortunately, I've found out that CUEAC
doesn't support any SIP phones, and I also just finished deploying 9 of the
9951 to some of our law office partners and their admin assistants.
 Nevertheless, these are VIP type people, and our operator is not going to
be able to see BLF status of these phones.  The operator is due to be cut
over to the software this weekend.

I'm told by TAC that a work around is to have a CUPS server, which I do not
have.  That takes additional MCS/UCS hardware that I don't have, and no
funding to purchase.

Are there any thoughts for work arounds with this?  I'm running CUCM
8.0.2.40000 with Unity 7 on exchange.  Most of my users are 7960 and 7962.

Thanks for any thoughts or help
Charles