[cisco-voip] How does Transfer work?

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:16:46 EDT 2010

Ryan--

So as I'm playing detective, it sounds like (maybe) the common thread in all
of this is that the operators are using the legacy AC client.

our setup is call comes in mgcp VGW --> UCCx --> agent (running AC) transfer
to end phone.

Looking through the Bug tool kit, I find CSCsx37599

*Transfer fails when receiving redirect request during split operation *
*Symptom:*

A transfer into a CTI application may fail resulting in dead air to both the
caller and the party that receives the transfer.

*Conditions:*

This can happen when the CTI application redirects the call after the
transfer completion has been started but has not yet finished.

*Workaround:*

Either delay the CTI application so that the transfer can complete before
the redirect occurs or delay the transfer completion until after the CTI
application has redirected the call.

*Further Problem Description:*

Most commonly this is seen with Unity transferring to IPCC or Attendant
Console. Both of these applications redirect inbound calls immediately and
have no configurable option to delay. When Unity is doing a "release to
switch" transfer it will complete the transfer as soon as the outbound call
gets to the call proceeding state. For a call to a CTI route point (AC
pilot) this is when the call is extended to the application, before the
redirect. The easiest workaround here is to make Unity do a consultative
transfer (ie wait for the call to be connected).

So is this the same kind of issue?

Yes I have opened a TAC case sr615518399  (and haven't heard from my TAC
engineer all day)

Scott