[cisco-voip] H.323 Gateway Dial-Peer Configuration for Cisco CallManager Server Redundancy

Leetun, Rob rleetun at bouldercounty.org
Wed Sep 29 13:58:18 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

We recently had our core fail, which users at another location could
dial out.  They have a sub (CM6) and gateway on site.  The gateway on
site has a dial-peer 10 preference 1 pointing to the pub (CM1),
dial-peer 11 preference 2 point to a sub (CM6), and another dial-peer
with a preference 3 pointing to a sub (CM3).  Our Callmanager group has
CM6 first and then CM3.

Can I remove the dial-peer 10 and rely on dial-peer 11and 12 for call
routing, since the call initially fails on dial-peer 10 (pub)?  Does the
gateway dial-peers need to match the order that is in the Callmanager
groups?

Thanks.

Rob