[cisco-voip] CTL/Security Token question

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Apr 4 11:44:28 EDT 2011

Using eTokens with CUCM should come with a healthy dose of paranoia.  If you were to lose access to all of them for any reason it is a considerable amount of work to recover from.

-Ryan

On Apr 4, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Bernhard Albler wrote:

> Does the act of signing a CTL actually
> affect the security token(s) in any way? Can I buy a set of security
> tokens, use them to configure everything on lab CM, and then re-use
> the same tokens in production?

Not as far as i know. We have been doing this for customer where there
is a development/test and a production enviroment. Keeps complexity
down. We just use the same tokens, generally buying a total of 4 for
max redundancy (paranoia) and putting all of them on both CTLs.

regards
bernhard