[cisco-voip] Upgrading CUBE Gen 1 Routers to 15.X

ash AD commo_ssg_31f at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 17:06:39 EDT 2011

Anyone else expiring the Cisco licensing nightmare when upgrading the ISR generation 1 bundle routers to 15.x code. Seems Cisco doesn't honor the features purchased under the gen 1 bundles by providing licensing to move to new code regardless if you have smartnet and purchased the features under the bundle and IOS flavor. This sucks when paying for SmartNet on 100's of routers each year and when TAC is telling me my bug is fixed, just upgrade to 15.x for the SIP SPI resolution. Anyone know if there is a document that covers this issue that I can reference with TAC?

Purchased two 3845-CUBE-VSEC/K9 Bundles a couple years back now hitting SIP defects. Wes is this the norm?

Thanks All,
-Pete