[cisco-voip] E164 Globalization Problem

Matt Slaga (AM) Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com
Thu Apr 14 08:50:26 EDT 2011

This is pretty common.  Our solution has been translation patterns when companies use E164 for DNs (convert 4 or 5 digits to E164), and international dialing codes when dialing outside out of the country (ie, 00 or 011) with translation to E164.  I have not had a single customer that was happy to dial a full E164 number when dialing the person in the cube next door. :)

7940s and 7960s have no issues displaying '+', in fact I've got a few on my desk here with a '+' in the DN.

Another item to be aware of is that H323 trunks strip and ignore the '+', so you have to add it back in at the gateway config of UCM.

HTH