[cisco-voip] Paetec SIP Trunk required Full Duplex Stream for Music on Hold to work

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Thu Apr 28 10:22:11 EDT 2011

This does appear to be a Paetec SIP provider firewall issue that is fixed by setting "Full Duplex Stream" in CCMAdmin > Service Parameters > Advanced Parameters.

Paetec is delivering SIP service inside the MPLS cloud for multiple sites (each site has it's own CUBE 2951 15.1.3T1, no ip cef) running on centralized CallManager 7.1(5).

I toggled Full Duplex Stream to False and the far end doesn't get MoH. Set it to True and it works. Default is False.

Via CallManager packet capture we saw MoH to gateway, at gateway via Embedded Packet Capture we see exported .pcap file showing stream to Paetec IP and heard it playout via Wireshark. Already tried disabling ip cef earlier, but the Full Duplex Stream fixed it. So I'm guessing it's something with Paetec's firewall.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated addressee(s) named above only.  If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.