[cisco-voip] Assigning users CUPC Intercluster peer

Daniel dan.voip at danofive.id.au
Fri Apr 29 07:04:57 EDT 2011

Hi All,
I currently have an issue that I've experienced in our lab setup connected
to our production environment.

Production CUPS is 7.0.5 the lab server is CUPS 8.5.1

We have users on production that I have moved to our lab environment to test
some setups. I have unassigned the users and removed their capabilities then
added the capabilities on the lab server and tried to assign them but could
not with this error

Error: Unable to change assignment for 1 users. Please ensure the users are
not already assigned locally or in at remote cluster.

No matter what I tried I could not get this to work. I then removed the
intercluster peer assigned the users which worked.

I have now added the intercluster peers back and after getting the
certificates correct the peers are setup and working fine. The exception is
that the 3 new users I have moved to the lab from the production server on
the production server it says they are duplicate users on the remote cluster
but in reverse the lab server does not say it has any duplicates.

Any suggestions? to me it looks like the prod server is not removing the
user profiles or something.

cheers,

Dan