[cisco-voip] Question about running UCM 7.X on IBM servers and server management tools-

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Aug 5 09:36:34 EDT 2011

IBM Director Agents are installed with VOS that exposes the vendor
specific MIB's for SNMP monitoring as well as IBM DSA reports via the
'utils diagnose hardware' command. See
CSCsv59702    add ability to collect IBM DSA logs from platform CLI

Hardware faults raise the generic "Syslog Severity Match Found" alarm
and alert in RTMT.  Expand the alarm or view syslog and it shows the
issue reported up from the hardware specific platform agents.

An example of this functionality is documented here:
CSCti17353    IBM Servers battery learn cycle negatively impacts CCM
performance
<quote>
System Event Logs (messages) contains the following logs shortly after
the unexpected IO event.

Aug  2 15:48:08 lg-sub-1 daemon 5 Director Agent: LSIESG_AlertIndication
500605B00177F4C0
Battery relearn started Sev: 2.
Aug  2 15:48:13 lg-sub-1 daemon 4 Director Agent: LSIESG_AlertIndication
500605B00177F4C0 BBU
disabled; changing WB virtual disks to WT Sev: 3.
</quote>

Regards,
Wes