[cisco-voip] Easiest way to add permission in CM

Bernhard Albler bernhard.albler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:03:25 EDT 2011

if your getting paid in Clicks per Minute(TM) then manually, otherwise
I think AXL or a SQL query might be the most efficient way.
SQL query:
run sql insert into enduserdirgroupmap (fkenduser,fkdirgroup) Select
fkenduser,'<pkid>' from enduserdirgroupmap where fkenduser not in
(Select fkenduser from enduserdirgroupmap where fkdirgroup='<pkid>')

<pkid> is the PKID of the Permission Group you want to assign
pkid could also be resolved via a subquery, but I find it easier to query
run sql select pkid,name from dirgroup
to get the pkid of the group I need.
Depending on the amount of users in the endusers table the query might
not run at once, in that case I tend to limit the select fkenduser to
e.g. select limit 1000 fkenduser...
Since the second subquery eliminates all users that are already added
this way you can add the users in batches

cheers
bernhard