[cisco-voip] auto attendant custom design help

sam singapore sam4sg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:58:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have recorded a wav file that has content something like this:

Welcome. If you know the extension of the party you would like to reach
please enter it now.  For sales enquiries please press 0. – For technical
support or billing requests please open a ticket in our website. Our support
ticket queue is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week with most tickets
responded to within literally a few minutes.

This is now playing as the welcome greeting. After this, the main menu will
play that will ask for the extension or ask the user to press 0.
What I want to do is skip the main menu and use this greeting as the main
menu.

I copied the default aa_sample.aef and saved as custom.aef. There, I changed
the prompt to welcome.wav ( my file), But what happens is that it plays the
main menu, but refuses/does not know that any extension is pressed.

if you have successfully designed your own welcome scripts, can you please
provide some hints on how to do this or provide basic of the steps like
start ,, accept, play prompt etc...

Thanks,
Sam