[cisco-voip] Very Slow CUCX 8.5.1 on C-200M2

Russell Chaseling rchaseling at plannet21.ie
Thu Aug 25 01:32:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this........just installed CUCM, CUCX & CUPS 8.5.1 on a UCS C-200M2 using the 1000 user OVA template for all three.

I notice that Unity Connection takes a particularly long time to boot up - I'd say it takes about 20-25 minutes from when the SSH service starts till all the other services start (including Tomcat). Also I upgraded both CUCM & CUCX last night. I disabled IOThrottle on Unity Connection and it still took 11hours!!!!!! Compared to CUCM which took 5hrs

1 vCPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5506  @ 2.13GHz
Disk 1: 160GB
4096 Mbytes RAM

The CPU sits around 30-40% at all times even though there are no users or no activity on it yet.

I have installed these several times on C-210 servers and never had this problem.......just wondering if its a C200 issue?? Any thoughts?

Russell