[cisco-voip] Two Unity Servers One Exchange Server

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:43:27 EDT 2011

We have Unity 4 connected to Exchange 2003 and I have a VM of Unity 7 that I
want to migrate the subscribers to (using GSM and COBRAS).  Both Unity
servers use the same Exchange server.  I had the systems guys put in a new
Information Store called Unity7 and the old store is called Unity.

Friday I started moving subs over and it looks like the Unity 7 server is
using the same information store as Unity 4.  When I look at Primary
locations under both servers they say the same thing "Unity", but since it
is the default on Unity 7 I can not change or delete it to add Unity7 as a
store.  When I try to add additional stores type "unity" is no longer
available I only have AMIS, trusted internet or VPIM.

Since it is a clean install I don't mind just reloading the Unity 7 server,
my question is will there be a problem if I don't?

When I moved the test subscriber he had 20 messages after migration he had
40 because I imported messages too.  If I just migrate users without
messages back to the same Information store, I think the messages will keep
their original date/time stamp AND I can import greetings and recorded names
and move on.

What caveats are there to trying something like this?  Am I going to hose
the install later on down the line?