[cisco-voip] Mail ID for end user for CAR support??

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Tue Aug 30 13:53:21 EDT 2011

Hi all -

I'm getting the following message in CDR on v 7.15-30000

Mail id for <userid> is not available. CAR Reports/Notifications/Alert
Emails might not be able to sent to this user properly. Please configure
a mail id in end user configuration page.

I see that it's the "Mail ID" field in End User that you create -

However, I run CAR as my standard UCM admin user - Application users
like that don't have Mail ID.

Can I create a matching End User ID without creating problems? My usual
"End user" is a different username, for CCMUser access, etc.

and I really don't want to have to remember to use a third username/pwd
combo when managing yet another part of the  system..

what are my options for simplifying my access to UCM webpages and
CCMUser pages?

If it's even possible to have an End user the same as an Application
user, would that create a security hole of some sort that I'm unaware
of?

thanks, Tim