[cisco-voip] PVDM3-128 problems

Rab ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:27:30 EDT 2011

I seem to be experiencing an issue with a PVDM3-128 module installed in a 2921 MGCP VG used for PSTN access. Whenever calls fill up the voice channels on the first DSP and use the 2nd DSP users are experiencing QoS like issues including clipping, harsh voice and even echo.

I'm planning on RMA'ing the PVDM3 but I'm not convinced that it's the source of the problem. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with a faulty DSP or PVD?

The gateway has 3 x interfaces, 1 x E1(30chan) and 2 x QSIG(60chan).

Sent from my iPad