[cisco-voip] Cius Feedback?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Dec 9 11:59:58 EST 2011

I've had access to a Cius for around 12hrs now...  This is the first
tablet I've had full-time access to so I can't compare it to an iPad
or any other tablet but here's what I think so far:

1) Battery lifetime is awful.

2) Application compatibility - forget about it.  I'm not 100% sure why
but there are many apps (and not just games) that are listed as not
compatible in the Android Market.  I suspect that it has to do with
the fact that the Cius has an Atom processor rather than an Arm.  In
our environment not being able to install Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja
is a serious downside.  ConnectBot is another app that's important to
me that won't install.

3) I'm not very impressed with the cameras.  The front facing camera
has some serious flaws and I wasn't wowed with the quality I got from
the rear camera either.  I haven't tried a video conference yet
either.

4) Runs an absolutely ancient version of Android.

5) The charging cord for when not in the phone/dock is ginormous.

We haven't hooked the Cius' up to our CallManagers yet - we're not yet
on a compatible version - so I don't know if the voice/video calling
features are worthwhile.

Personally, unless the integration into our CallManager environment is
absolutely spectacular, I don't know why we'd buy a Cius vs an iPad or
a different Android tablet.

What do other people think?
--
Jeff Ollie