[cisco-voip] Single number reach without an IP phone

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:47:53 EST 2011

One thing to be aware of with the SNR is the ring duration.  If your
cell carrier has a ring duration shorter than your cisco device the VM
will go to the cell VM.  Same is true if the cell user hits ignore for
an incoming call, has no service or turns their cell off.  Any action
which can be interpreted as an 'answer' goes to the remote device VM.
Also bear in mind that you'll tie up a trunk for every remote
destination configured until the call is answered.  5 remote
destinations = 6 trunks for inbound PSTN calls.  In the past I've
limited users to 1 RD to conserve resources.

I wish they would make this a bit more intelligent.