[cisco-voip] Best Practice for QM related interaction with Windows updates?

Jason Gurtz jasongurtz at npumail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:52:34 EST 2011

We are on CUCM 8.5.1 SR2

We discovered (via some disappointed senior manager) that QM was not
recording anything for quite a while even though CTI service in CUCM was
running just fine. There was no outward error indication. We got advice to
restart this service and things started recording again.

So why did it stop? Digging deeper it was found:

2011-11-18 23:02:15,005 INFO  QMCT0000  [CtiService1|CtiService#run:379]
Server no longer listening on port <52102>.

Advice we got is the service would not have attempted to try and listen
again until either a service restart or a server reboot (CUCM Server).

We identified that the QM server was rebooted following a windows update.

Is this behavior (no retry) being addressed in the future? Is it really an
expectation that someone will go in and manually restart this CTI service
on the second Tuesday of every month?

~JasonG