[cisco-voip] Unity Connection Distribution lists

Corbett Enders cenders at homesbyavi.com
Wed Dec 21 16:43:31 EST 2011

Hello list,

I am looking for a way of building a "dial by name" directory in Unity Connection for phone numbers that don't exist at mailboxes in Unity. I've created a Directory Handler, which looks to a Distribution List... however, I thought I'd be able to add Contacts to this list but that isn't possible.  Do I need to create empty mailboxes (set to not accept messages) for this purpose or is where some better way?

Also, then can I change the Directory Handler prompt to not say "spell the first and last name" as ideally I really need it to say "Spell the community name"...

Corbett.