[cisco-voip] Planning to Migrate a CUCM 7.1 to a new CUCM 8.6 Cluster with Security turned on

Robert Schuknecht rschuknecht at gmx.de
Tue Dec 27 07:28:24 EST 2011

Hi List,

It’s a long time since the original post but, finally we got it working, at least in our LAB.

Here are the steps we used to get it working:

1) Included the new 8.6 TFTP Server in the CTL File of the old cluster
2) Configured the Phones on the new Cluster with the option "Upgrade/Install new CTL by Null String / by MIC"
3) Deleted the Phones or changed their MAC on the Old Cluster, so the Phones are no longer known by the old Cluster
4) Rebooted the Phones on the old Cluster
5) Phones got their configuration Files from the new Cluster (old Cluster TFTP did not know about the Phones so he queried the TFTP of the new Cluster)
6) Phones got the CTL File of the new Cluster
7) Phones registered successfully to the new Cluster

To all who have responded, Thanks for your help!

/Robert