[cisco-voip] Xmedius Fax / Limiting Calls in a H323 Dial Peer

Linsemier, Matthew MLinsemier at thedoctors.com
Tue Dec 27 15:21:10 EST 2011

All,

I am currently working with H323 dial peers and the latest version of XMediusFax.  While I haven’t had any issues with routing calls, I was wondering if there was a way to track and potentially limit the calls going through a H323 dial peer.

The Scenario:

Normally when fax calls come into the TDM PRI and the 4 licenses in XmediusFax are in use, the end fax service receives a busy tone on the 5th concurrent call.  The issue that I am running into is that at the remote offices they are using the Paetec DYIP service, so we are forced to do call forward of those office fax numbers to DN’s on the TDM PRI at the main office to have faxes work correctly.  However, if the 4 licenses are used up on the XMedius fax server, rather than getting a busy tone, the end fax device will receive a “circuit is out of service” message (from the carrier).  I’m sure that this is because the call is forwarded from Paetech DYIP number to a DN on the Paetech TDM PRI at the main office.  I’m trying to find solutions on how to resolve this as the office has received a few calls stating that their having phone issues.

I thought of potentially trying to track and limit the calls via the Dial Peer but I didn’t see anything on this.  Anyone have any thoughts of this short of “select a provider with T38 support”?

Matt

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.