[cisco-voip] UCCX Agent types

Bas van der Veen bas at datarack.nl
Tue Feb 1 02:48:06 EST 2011

Hello Mike,

First of all, my experiences are with UCCE 7.2 and CAD 7.2, so YMMV.

We use the IP Phone Agent for a 24x7 group in the environment I manage.
Basically, IPPA 'looks' like a mixture of CAD and Extension Mobility.

Yes, IPPA can work together with EM. You have you users sign in with their
EM account, after which they press the services button and choose the IPPA
phone service. They are then presented with a login menu (like they are
when logging into CAD) with 3 options:
o username (UCCX)
o password
o extension

You say that you aren't using any CTI applications. What about HTTP
actions, can't you enhance/link to your apps with a work flow action from
CAD? I recently did something alike, when a call is offered at an agent,
the CRM application presents the info of the caller based on the ANI
(which is looked up in the CRM application's database), all configured
through a work flow action.

I don't know how similar your CAD version is, though. Can't imagine you
cannot configure something alike.

HTH

Bas