[cisco-voip] What am I missing ? - Can't get SIP Polycom phone to register with cucm 7.1 or 8.0.3a

Gregory Wenzel gwenzit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:51:12 EST 2011

I do work for cisco partner but not a polycom partner and polycom support is
quite clear and they will not help. Im embarassed to say I have little
experience with sip phones and have been mulling over the requirments for
basic sip phones. Not sure if tac would help but they are my last resort and
thought I should ask all of you if there is something i am missing

To add to the phone is a Polycom soundstation ip 6000 conference phone.
Although on the ploycom website cisco is missing as a supported vendor is
weird, I did call polycom and they did say its a sip phone and it should
work with cisco in any case.

I do have Register set to phone in sip profiles, I created a user with
credentials name matching the extension on the phone as well as. I set sip
server and outbound proxy on polycom to http. It does get an address from my
c2921 dhcp and does see the voice vlan.
I do have my sip profile assigned to the phone, the user associated with the
phone user id is 4999, password is cisco and digest is cisco.

On my polycom phone
Sip Server:
Server = addr of cucm
port = 5060