[cisco-voip] Upgrade from UCM 6.1.3 to UCM 8.XX

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:32:26 EST 2011

Well we jumped from 4.x to 8.0.  Lot of hoops we had to go through, but all
in all, it was pretty straightforward.
I would assume yours would have fewer steps in the upgrade process.
We have lots of 7940, 7960 and even a few 7912s.  All work without issue in
8.0.  (we did bump up their firmware versions as part of the upgrade).
Can't advise you on hardware, we swapped out the CM and Unity hardware as
part of the whole deal.
The tech note Wes provided is excellent.

Good luck!