[cisco-voip] IPv6?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:37:18 EST 2011

We're starting to think about maybe beginning to plan for looking into it.

In all seriousness, I think what will push us into it will be WiFi
users. Students are bringing in so many wireless devices on campus
each year, and for whatever reason we don't use NAT.

Upper management has heard the term and even if they don't know what
it all means, they have asked about it. There is another higher edu in
the state that will enable IPV6 on a router somewhere and claim they
are using IPv6 on their network, so then we'll have to "keep up with
the jones's".

I don't see any need (for us) on the voip side other than
compatibility/interop with whatever the data network group decides to
do.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone ventured out into IPv6 on there Voice networks?  Data for that
> matter?
> Scott

Ed Leatherman