[cisco-voip] AD Sync and AD Phone number

miken miken miken at sisna.com
Sun Feb 6 17:56:54 EST 2011

You can have up to 5 search paths in 6.x and 7.x; each with a separate
Distinguished Name that can see/search the respective domain/child domain.
It is not transitive: "A synchronization agreement for a domain will not
synchronize users outside of that domain nor within a child domain because
Unified CM does not follow AD referrals during the synchronization process."

The problem you are going to have is that there is only one shot at the
authentication of your users. There are new options to solve this in CUCM 8
that can be found in the SRND.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/directry.html

You are given the choice to pull in the telephone number on the main tab of
the user, or ipPhone field on the telephone tab with each synchronization
configuration mentioned above. This is the TN/DN that is populated in the
phone corporate directory.

Thanks
MikeN