[cisco-voip] Verizon SIP vs. PRI?

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Feb 9 14:31:46 EST 2011

I still see a lot of PRI(s) on 3945 with SIP/vxml  to CVP 8x (versus H323) and UCCE.  But the amount of SIP work is growing every month….if you don’t know it I would start learning it with some small stuff first. I’ve seen some very large branch projects with centralized Verizon SIP trunks/Acme SBC which mirrored what Nick stated earlier…

I recall in 1985 my team at Sprint griped about having to go to BGP for the Internet backbone from OSPF…….next will be IPv6 grumbling and more SIP….I bet in 10 years SIP will be 95% of new trunks sold.