[cisco-voip] cisco and ms lync uc

Matt Slaga (US) Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com
Thu Feb 17 08:37:36 EST 2011

Tony,

I would suggest doing a sim-ring environment.  If you are just looking for click to call from web pages and outlook contacts and not replacing the desktop phone, then you could configure remote destinations for the users using Cisco and Lync.  When a phone call comes in, both Cisco and Lync will ring and the call can be answered by one or the other.  You will need to configure the company phone number rules text file in Lync and possibly trunk configurations as well (in Lync), to pre-pend a 9, strip steering codes, etc.  Since you only have one egress point from Lync, the dial plan and voice policies should be easy enough to configure.