[cisco-voip] CallManager 7.1.5.10000-12 on MCS-7835-I3 The /common file system is mounted read only.

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Feb 22 10:40:38 EST 2011

only similar known software issue is
CSCta73022    7835/45-I2 file system goes read-only

but that should be resolved in 7.1.5.  That leaves a couple ideas:
* have IBM check the hardware
* has this server ever been subject to CSCta73022 or other readonly FS
issue without reinstall/rebuild? That can leave the FS in an unstable
state.  In most readonly issues we've investigated so far we found linux
remounts the FS readonly when the disk is unresponsive for a period of
time.  In windows this manifests as increased disk queue length. In
linux it manifests as iowait and then readonly file system.  Since this
is happening on one partition (common) it seems more likely there is a
problem in the physical drives.  In the direction of physical drives
under CSCti52867 we found a specific model of drive primarily affected.
What model drives are in this server?

Regards,
Wes