[cisco-voip] C-series servers

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Feb 28 09:11:05 EST 2011

To clarify the support the team that supports the data center virtualization technology supports the UCS servers.  The team in RTP sits right by us and works closely with us for UC on UCS issues.   That said, you should still expect to talk with a CUCM person if you have a telephony issue, regardless of the server it runs on.  Where it gets messy (not in a bad way) is when it's a platform issue that impacts telephony services.  Given that the platform now consists of the blade, the chassis, the vSwitch, and a SAN on the backend the potential for headaches is a bit higher but I can't say we've had any real ugly issues yet.  Most of the cases I've seen have just been install issues due to some quirks with using the ova templates.

-Ryan