[cisco-voip] CCX XML developer guide

Brett Looney brett at l7.com.au
Tue Jan 4 02:50:15 EST 2011

Greets,

I'm trying to extract some data out of CCX v8 system. As you know, CCX v7
and below are Windows-based so we can just connect to the database and troll
through the information. But in CCX v8 we need to use SOAP/AXL (I think -
see questions below).

As it happens, I have a bunch of SOAP/AXL code for CCM written so I thought
this would be easy to find. The CCM XML developer guide is pretty darn good:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/devguide/8_5_1/XML_DevGui
de.html

What I'm looking for is the same document but for CCX. The CCX programming
guide page does not appear to have an XML guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_
reference_guides_list.html

The CCX 8.01 database schema is a start for figuring out which tables are of
interest
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/c
rs/express_8_0/user/guide/uccx801dbschema.pdf but it doesn't tell me how the
SOAP/AXL requests are to be framed. And of course the Cisco web site is not
structured so that index.htm[l] pages link back to useful places.

The CCX documentation search link is crapulent, preferring to search most of
the Cisco website.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=000420533768327936155:z349vbagmdk

It does lead me to the developer home page
http://developer.cisco.com/web/cdc/home but that also does not appear to
link to anything about SOAP/AXL for CCX that I can find.

So, two questions - is this the right way to do things and if so, where can
I find the documentation? If not, what should I be doing instead?

Any help appreciated.

B.