[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 8.5 unified messaging with hosted exchange

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Thu Jan 6 17:11:02 EST 2011

I looked into this back in October with Unity 8.0.3, I haven't looked into 8.5, but I understand they have some new mechanisms.

However Page 16 in  the Word document about BPOS from Microsoft Online states;

Enterprise Voice Integration
Integration with third-party platforms or applications     No

I see one post from a third party stating they knew someone we got Unity working with a beta (without providing a name/reference). The official post from Microsoft is it's unsupported, however I would engage both your Microsoft/Cisco Account Managers that it's something you are interested in. Dimension Data would discourage implementing something unsupported.  I think at best you would get IMAP like functionality.  Usually corporate customers want MWI light to turn on/off which is the biggest challenge.