[cisco-voip] CM 8 ITL and TFTP problems

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:41:33 EST 2011

Thanks.   I was using a finicky KVM which had added a lot of
characters to the OU.  I thought I had deleted them all, but
unbeknownst to me there were still many characters to the left of what
was visible on the screen during the OS install.

After using set web-security I regenerated the certs for call manager,
tvs, tomcat, and capf from OS admin.

While we are on the subject of TVS, do you know how I would go about
combining multiple CM8+ clusters into one cluster from a TVS
perspective?  In the past, once I was ready to flick the switch it was
as simple as updating dhcp option 150 values for new cluster and
resetting phones.  Now, with TVS the phones won't trust the new
cluster's ITL file.   How would I handle this?  Would I need to upload
the new cluster's ITL certs to the old cluster and reset the phones so
the old cluster sends the phones the new clusters ITL file before I
point the phones at the new TFTP ?   Would I need to upload other
certs?  I don't see a TFTP cert in the osadmin cert page.  I would
think I would need to upload this cert as well.

Thanks,

Justin