[cisco-voip] Spell By Name?

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Mon Jan 10 18:05:22 EST 2011

Lisa,
We're old school here - Unity 5.0.  But we have a call handler - and also some scripts in IPCC - that ask the caller if they want to search for someone by first name or last name.  Based on their preference, they are sent to one (1) of two (2) directory handlers we constructed in Unity.  One asks for first name/last name.  The other asks for last name/first name.  Pretty basic stuff.  We've tried at least three (3) versions of voice recognition systems for directory handling but the best result we've ever gotten is about sixty-five (65) to seventy (70) percent accuracy.  And, believe, you only hear from the callers for whom VR doesn't work - but you hear from them loud and often.
--
Jim Reed
Manager of Technical Services