[cisco-voip] cisco itsp architecture & books?

randal k rkohutek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:08:26 EST 2011

Everyone,
We currently operate a ITSP and it has become my task to seek out
replacements for our existing SIP platform (since we have some cash flow!);
we currently use opensips, opensbc, metaswitch, and hundreds of cisco
IAD2431s. We use the IAD & custom-sip everything to be able to offer
modem/fax/theworks over IP, and it works flawlessly and allows us to compete
on SMBs who require alarm systems, credit card machines, faxing, etc as a
drop-in replacement.

That said, we've run into some limitations with our platform, and I am
exploring going all Cisco (which is what I'm most comfortable with as a
network engineer). Can you guys point me towards some provider-style
architecture or designs using Cisco kit? Links to presentations are
especially helpful, or some recommendations on Cisco VoIP Provider books
would be fantastic.

Thanks -
Randal