[cisco-voip] Strange behaviour of CME

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:49:11 EST 2011

It's part of the negotiation that happens with SCCP.  The phone advertises
every codec it is capable of, the gateway passes that information on, and
once the call is ready to complete, each device chooses which of the
available codecs they are going to use.  If one device advertises a list of
codecs that doesn't match the other side, the call will not complete.  It
would complete if there was a transcoder.

-nick