[cisco-voip] MGCP VG224 fax to/from PSTN via SIP Trunk

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:52 EST 2011

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I might proceed with
troubleshooting, as I can't seem to get a fax received/transmitted with what
I have.  Hopefully something jumps out immediately.

I am running the following config with CUCM 6.1(4):

Analog Fax==>VG224(MGCP)==>CUCM==>SIP Trunk==>CUBE==>SIP Trunk to SP

CUBE is 3845 running Advanced Enterprise 12.4(22)YB6
VG224 is running 12.4(2)T5

The service provider specifies the following config for the CUBE (From the
Cisco Interop Portal):

voice service voip
 allow-connections sip to sip
 redirect ip2ip
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through
g711ulaw
 sip
  bind control source-interface Loopback0
  bind media source-interface Loopback0
  rel1xx disable
  header-passing error-passthru
  early-offer forced
  midcall-signaling passthru
  sip-profiles 100

The SIP Profile only modifies some headers slightly in the SDP

Config on the VG224 is as follows:

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.x.x.x 10.x.x.x
ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 10.x.x.x 10.x.x.x
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent 10.x.x.x 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
no mgcp package-capability fxr-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
!
mgcp profile default

In CUCM, the VG224 Fax Mode is set to Fax Relay.

Thanks so much for any assistance you can give.

--
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY