[cisco-voip] ISDN Data Calls via 2821 MGCP Voice gateway?

Michael Hamann mail at mhamann.net
Thu Jul 14 11:53:25 EDT 2011

Hello,

we plan to implement a new Cisco CUCM 8.5 system with a Cisco 2821 with
2PRI and 2 BRI Interfaces to one of our customers. We plan to use MGCP
as protocoll between gateway and cucm. Everything look fine so far but
we have a alarm system which is connected via ISDN Bri to the old PBX.

The alarm systems sends messages via ISDN Data calls. So here comes the
question:

How do we connect the alarm system via ISDN BRI to the Cisco CUCM System
? It look that in MGCP mode I cannot switch the ISDN BRI interface to nt
mode ...

Do I need to switch to H.323 for the connection between CUCM and voice
router or is there another way ? Is it even possible to send ISDN data
calls via an IP Voice Gateway ?

Thanks for any hints

kind regards
Michael