[cisco-voip] Local route group with CFA and other stuff

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:30:25 EDT 2011

Answering my own question.

You can add the same SIP trunk multiple times with the same IP,
simulating a H.323 gw setup for example with local gateways in each
country. What you need to do is to create a new SIP Security Profile
and changing the incoming port for each "virtual" SIP trunk.

Then in the CUBE you need to setup dial-peers for each number range
and send it to the callmanager but on a different port.

Example:

dial-peer voice 10 voip
Calls to CUCM (SE numbers)
destination-pattern 100.
session target ipv4:192.168.1.10:5070

dial-peer voice 20 voip
Calls to CUCM (UK numbers)
destination-pattern 200.
session target ipv4:192.168.1.10:5071

This way you can have multiple "virtual" SIP-trunks to the same IP
address (CUBE). Now you can use a unique Called/Calling party
transformation CSS per "virtual" SIP trunk. Very useful for Extension
Mobility for example.

If SE user roams to UK, he will use the UK device pool and device CSS
etc. So therefore route out via the UK "virtual" SIP trunk. But
because he still has a Swedish number, I want to normalize the numbers
to the UK switchboard number. Very easy now with "virtual" SIP trunks
by just applying Calling Party Transformation CSS in the Trunk for
outbound calls.

Without "virtual" SIP Trunks you only had one SIP trunk configured,
and thus shared among the countries, very difficult to normalize in a
roaming scenario.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards
Roger